Thursday, September 11, 2008

Summer is NOT over (at least not here)

There have been a lot of posts throughout the blogosphere the past few weeks about the end of summer. "It's official, summer is over." "Fall is in the air, winter is just around the corner." "The leaves are changing." "I'm so sad to see the summer go." "This summer went too fast." Blah blah blah. This makes me want to reach through the interweb, grab these people by the shoulders and say, "The summer is not over yet for me, IT IS STILL 100° OUTSIDE, my AC is still running all day long, I open all the windows at night and it's still hot, and it's been this way since APRIL! You can have my summer weather if you want it, I'm ready for WINTER!"

Glorious winter, where you drink hot cocoa, and can go on walks at night (sure, it might be cold, but you just bundle up; if it's hot, you can't do anything but suffer), and you wear jackets and sweatshirts and coats and hats and scarves (I really can't even wear hats and scarves down here, it doesn't get that cold), and you can play in the snow, and there is Christmas! And the baking, oh, the baking. Yes, driving in the snow is frustrating, I'll admit. That is the drawback. But that is a small price to pay, if you ask me.

Ok, that being said, it is actually starting to cool down here (high of 90° today [95° tomorrow]), and I do love St George. And I've learned to deal with the summer, it's not that bad. I just feel about summer the way most people feel about winter. I count the days until it's over.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'll be right there with you next summer :) I have to disagree with your statement about driving in the snow. I think an extra long summer totally makes up for not having to deal with that. I am sooooo excited to say good riddance to that. I think snow is good for visiting, but I am so glad I won't have to deal with it much anymore. I guess, I shouldn't speak too soon though. Maybe I'll change my mind next summer. We'll see!

Melissa said...

Summer's not over here either. Totally high of 95 today and the humidity has got to be in the 80% range. We walk every morning (8:00 am) and are drenched in sweat after about 15 minutes. I'm not really for winter, but a nice fall with 75 degree days and 40% humidity would sure be nice!

Kim said...

I'll trade you places! It's like 40 degrees outside right now and I hate it. :-( At least it still warms up during the day here. :-/