Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Remember how we bought a house?

So, we're moving. In 3 weeks. I don't think it's quite sunk in yet.

Some people have been hoping that we'll post pictures of the house, or at least more details. Well, here's the deal. We don't really have pictures of the interior, seeing as we don't actually live there yet. And I'm not too keen on driving by and taking a picture of the exterior, because then I'll look like a stalker. So the only pictures we have available are on the realtor's website. Why don't I post that, you ask? Well, by posting that we are basically informing everyone on the interweb of where we live, and how much we are paying for our house. And while I don't mind my friends knowing where I live, I don't really want to invite the entire interweb over for a visit. Nor do I really feel comfortable sharing the sales price with everyone. And so, you haven't had any pictures of the house. Oh, also, it doesn't feel real yet. So I keep forgetting about it.

But I can give you some details! It's got 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and an open floor plan. We think we'll have room for Grandma's piano! There are plant shelves in the kitchen, and high ceilings in the living area. There is a backyard with some cement, some grass, and some dirt for a garden. I'm really excited about growing my own tomatoes and squash. Any tips on growing vegetables would be appreciated. We also have a peach tree in the backyard. On the side there is RV parking, which will hopefully someday be more garden or grass or something. It passed the home inspection with only a couple of minor issues (note to Megan: your boss is a really nice guy). The lot is 0.18 acres, and the house has 1350 square feet. And there is a front yard with some grass and some gravel (think xeriscaping [no, I didn't know how to spell that, I just looked it up]), and we have rosebushes! And a 2 car garage! The master bedroom has 2 closets, and access to the back yard. The dining area has a bay window, which I love. And the whole thing is in move-in condition, which makes a huge difference. We don't have to tack on the cost of new carpet or paint before we can live there. Some day we'll probably replace the kitchen floor, but that day is a ways off. It's loads better than the nasty kitchen floor we have now, so we'll take it. And most importantly, we're really excited about it. Even if we don't post about it.

Once we have the keys, I'll take pictures, I promise. We close 2 weeks from tomorrow. I guess we should work on getting some boxes.

3 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Yeah for you. I am so excited to see and hear more about it. It is so fun buying a house but I know exactly how you felt. I was there nto to long ago. We pay our frirst payment this month and I am thinking that will be the final straw to make it feel real though! yeah for new houses! good luck moving wish we were closer and could come help you.

Anonymous said...

i forgot cindy uses dj for her inspections. because of slow house sells i haven't worked for awhile... which could be good concidering i sleep all the time!

2 weeks! wow, how exciting! i can't wait to see it!

hope all is good! i think you should be a stalker and take a picture... i know i would concidering i would be just way to excited!

Porters said...

I am so excited for you guys...I saw a note about it a while ago but didn't know any more details so I am glad to hear this! I can't wait to see it and to have you guys move in. Esp with a bank robber next door. Yikes.