Monday, September 22, 2008

Pregnancy Tag

. . . because no formerly pregnant woman can resist sharing all the details. You can blame Dot for this one.

1- Where​ were you when you first​ found​ out you were pregnant?
Oh, in the bathroom at home.

2- Who was with you?
Well, Clark was in bed still, and soon after he was out of bed.

3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? ​
My period still hadn't come (it was a week late), and I was suspicious. But seriously, 2 years of trying with absolutely no success, and 1 month of not trying? What were the chances? So I took the test, somewhat nonchalantly.

4- What was your first​ react​ion to finding out you were pregnant?
"Um, really?" I was elated, and at the same time terrified. Cautiously optimistic. Oh, and worried. You know, because of the possibility of major health problems. (If this confuses you, go here for more details)

5- Your husband's react​on?​
About the same as mine. Though he was probably somewhat less worried, because he's not a worrywart like I am.

6- Who was the first​ person you told?​
Well, Clark, of course. And then Danielle. We went on a walk that morning, and I didn't really know what to do next, so she advised me to go to the doctor and get a blood test to confirm it.

7- Did you plan to get pregnant?
Yes. And then no. But we were still happy about it!

8- Was every​body happy​ for you?
Um, yes.

10- Did you go out and celeb​rate?​
You know, I honestly don't remember. We went out for my birthday a few days later, and a week later the puking began, so we didn't go anywhere.

11- Did you want to find out the sex?
Most definitely.

12- What was the sex?
If you don't know that, hello, welcome to my blog, check out the ticker at the very top. Girl.

13- Did anyone throw​ you a baby shower?​
Yes.

14- If yes, who?
My family, my friends in SLC, and my friends in St George. I felt very loved.

15- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going​ to put on your baby?
No, I liked everything I got.

16- How much weigh​t did you gain?​
Net weight gain: 30lbs. Clark likes to tell people that I gained 45lbs, which is true if you factor in the 15lb weight loss at the beginning. But pre-pregnancy weight to day before delivery is a difference of 30lbs.

17- Did you loose​ all of the weigh​t that you gained?​
Yes. Well, I may still have a pound or two, but close enough.

18- Did you get a lot of stretch marks​?​
Not a one. Don't hurt me please. Though I did have some on my thighs from getting fat (getting curves, puberty, whatever you want to call it.) That's a real self-esteem booster right there, let me tell you.

19- What did you crave​ the most?​
I wouldn't say I "craved" anything, I just went through food phases. There was the juice phase (that was also known as the "anything that tastes good coming up" phase). There was the ramen phase. There was the white chocolate raspberry yogurt phase. There was the frozen waffle with butter only phase. Frozen burritos. Cookie dough (w/ no eggs). Popcorn. I'd just get hooked on a food and eat it every day for a month. Oh, and my bread had to be from Great Harvest for the 1st and 2nd trimesters.

20- Did you crave​ anything crazy​?​
Not that I can think of. Ask Clark.

21- Who or what got on your nerve​s the most?​
I wasn't really moody when I was pregnant. Which is funny, because normally I'm rather emotional and I cry at the drop of a hat, but I think I can count the times I cried while pregnant on one hand. Well, other than the times I cried because I wanted to stop puking. But come on, anyone would do that.

22- Were you married at the time?
YES.

23- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?​
Um, I don't know, I guess you could say the whole thing was a complication waiting to happen. Luckily everything was fine, and I only had to be on bed rest for a few days near the end.

24- Where​ were you when you went into labor​?​
In the hospital, getting the induction drugs.

25- Did your water​ break​?​
No. Your water does have to break at some point, doesn't it? Or be broken? I don't remember that at all. I wasn't so much alert for a lot of the labor, trying to catch some Z's before the action. And trying not to puke.

26- Who drove​ you to the hospital?
Clark.

Where is # 27?

28- Did you go early​ or late?​
Late. 1 week over.

29- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth​?​
Just Clark. Oh, and the doctor and nurses.

30- Was it video​ taped​?​
No way.

31- Did you have any drugs​ for the pain?​
Absolutely. Any and all drugs for pain are accepted here.

32- Did you go natural or have a c-section?​
The natural push-it-out method.

33- What was your first​ react​ion after​ giving birth​?​
Tears of joy, happiness that we'd made it to the end, trying to see if she really had red hair (yeah, that washed out).

34- How big was the baby?​​
7 lbs 11 oz

35- Did your husband cry?
I don't think so. Ask him.

36- What did you name the baby?​
Julia Diane

37- Did the baby have any complications? ​
She wasn't breathing really well at first, so she spent an hour or so in the NICU. I remember getting bored in the labor/delivery room - I was in there for 45 minutes or so after the doctor had stitched me up, all by myself. Did they expect me to sleep after that adreneline rush? No way. I was HUNGRY!

38- How old is the baby today​?​
5 months.

39- When is the next one coming?​
Well, that's why we bought a 3 bedroom house. . . HAHA. No. Give us a couple years.

41- ​If you could​,​ would​ you do it all over again​?​
Absolutely. I hope I can!

OK, blah blah, I tag whoever wants to do it.

1 comment:

Jade and Dot Nielson said...

Seriously, I'm a little relieved to find out that I'm normal on this one little point: Women LOVE talking about that INSANE experience of giving birth!