Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rice Cereal

So, we have big baby news this week: Julia ate rice cereal for the first time last Friday. She hasn't been sleeping as well through the night, so I decided to see if the rice cereal kept her fuller longer. (And her pediatrician said we could start her on rice cereal at 4-6 months). So we did it. Here she is, all ready to start:


And then we put some food in her mouth. And then it came back out:

But we persisted. We got a lot of this face:


We tried it again on Sunday night, with much the same result. And then we tried it again on Monday. It started out with the same face (and lots of puckering up to keep her mouth closed, which made me laugh, which made her laugh, causing her to open her mouth, and I'd dump the cereal in), and then for some reason she started gobbling it up. She slept so well Monday night! It didn't go as well on Tuesday, and last night it took her some time to warm up to it again, but I think we're making progress. I really don't mind too terribly much getting up with her once in the middle of the night, but it would be so much nicer if I didn't have to do that. Of course, I say I don't mind right now, in the middle of the day. I think it's a different story at 4:30am. Just ask Clark.

Here's a video of the first feeding:

4 comments:

Porters said...

So cute! I like the video!

Alex said...

Thats too cute! Poor Julia, rice ceral just isn't very yummy, huh?

Kim said...

Awww... Poor Julia (and poor mom and dad that have to wake up with Julia in the middle of the night)! Do you think she just has a large fear of spoons? They are such scary-looking things! Lol - j/k. Good luck on the rice cereal front.

Melissa said...

Milestone!
Tell Julia her aunt Melissa says to just quit growing up so dang much.