Thursday, September 04, 2008

"Robbers go away!"

If ever I hear a noise in the house and get all worried that there might be a robber or something, Clark says, "Robbers go away!" and I'm too busy laughing to be worried. Well, we might need to be a little more careful about where we say that now.

A couple of weeks ago, Clark came home from work early so we could go to our home inspection. As he pulled into the parking lot, he noticed that there were 2 cop cars, complete with cops, just hanging out. Waiting for something. We thought it was kind of weird, and then went on our merry way.

When we came back, they were still there waiting. So we began to wonder what was going on. Then I got a phone call from someone in the ward, to see if we were alright. "Um, yeah, everything is fine, why?" "Well, I visit teach Natalie (she lives across from us), and she mentioned that there were a whole bunch of cops right in front of your door this afternoon." What the. . . . This got me very curious. So checked the Spectrum (the local paper) online to see if there were any arrests in our area, and what they were for. They have an arrest section, and I couldn't find anything in there. So I went back to the front page. And then I saw it.

The Zion's Bank down on River Road had been robbed that afternoon. The robber went to a friend's house to drop off the money, and then came back to his house, where the cops were waiting. Yes, he lives in our complex. Yes, he was arrested.

Let's flash forward another few days. I was just coming back from a walk, and my next-door neighbor was just leaving to go to the store. He says, "I've got to take grandpa to the store. I mean grandma, not grandpa. Grandpa's in jail." That's right. We live NEXT DOOR to a bank robber. NEXT DOOR! Well, I guess we lived next door to the bank robber, because now he's in jail. But still. Tells you what kind of people live in this neighborhood.

Have I mentioned how excited we are to move?

4 comments:

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

No way that's crazy! Someone got arrested in out complex a few weeks ago, but it wasn't a bank robber. I bet you can't wait to get out of here, but we aren't ready for you to go!

Suzanne said...

See? Clark said "robbers go away," and they did! To jail!

Anonymous said...

holy crap! well i guess that is why our girls pray every night that heavenly father will watch over our home and protect us!

wow... the stories i could tell you about my neibors who have lived by us! at least you didn't have swat team running with guns through your complex!

Nadine said...

very scary. i must be oblivious to what goes on in that neighborhood.