Monday, March 31, 2008

If you could hie to Kolob

On Saturday I was itching to get out and do something fun. As you can imagine, it's hard to sit around and wait. So Clark suggested that we go up to the Kolob Canyon side of Zion National Park, seeing as we never go over there. There isn't as much hiking on that side, but it turns out there is a little overlook trail (Timber Creek Overlook) that is about a mile long round trip, which is just perfect for someone in my condition (you know, 9 months pregnant). And so we went! And it was beautiful! We are planning to go back after Wombsly is born to try out the other hikes. One of them is about 5 miles, and the other is 14 miles. I'm thinking the 14 miler will have to wait until the fall, when I'm hopefully in good shape again. Anyway, here are some pictures of our adventure.


Majestic, no?


Clark at the park!


I'm being blown away!


We decided that Wombsly needed her own picture.


Oh, and also, some folks have been asking if we've picked a name yet. The answer is no. We're on the "wait and see which one she looks like" plan. So if you're just dying to know and can't wait any longer, you'll have to give me some suggestions to induce labor ;)

7 comments:

alisquire said...

You had me fooled there, not doing the weekly quote. I thought maybe Wombsly was on her way!

Nadine said...

so...you are amazing. all i ever want to do is sit around my house and watch tv. :) just a few more days, huh?

Alex said...

Oh, how pretty! I miss those beautiful Utah landscapes, *sigh* You look positively lovely, by the way! :)

Melissa said...

Doesn't it feel weird to go to a national park on a random afternoon? It's like you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy that level of beauty unless you've just endured an 800 mile road trip in a minivan.

When I was a missionary in St. George we walked everywhere one month to save our miles for a tour of Zions. It was awesome.

Adam Lowe said...

^^^Sorry, that was me.^^^

Unknown said...

I sure hope womblsy comes with that long hike!

Em said...

If you really want suggestions on how to induce labor I know of SO MANY things that are supposed to work!

We tried all of them at least five times with McKenna.

What finally worked was an IV with pit. However, the Garlic Chicken pizza (aka "pregnancy pizza") was really yummy.