Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pi Pie

Well, as Clark mentioned, Friday was Pi Day! An excellent day, if you ask me. Not only does Clark get to enjoy his nerdiness to the full extent, but we get to eat pie! OK, so I guess the pie isn't really essential to pi day, but we all know that I love pie, and I decided that 3/14 was the day for me to test out a new pie crust recipe. (As a side note, Monday I decided to once again try my hand at making bread, in an effort to hone some of my homemaking skills before all heck breaks loose. It turned out pretty well. But it's a continuing effort. I think I need to add more yeast next time. I'll keep you posted.)

Here are some pictures of the Pi Pie. Yeah, I thought I was pretty clever.
And it was delicious, if I do say so myself. It's an apple pie, with a crumb topping for the upper crust. And get this: I used some of the dehydrated apples from my food storage for the filling. Can we say domestic? I was rather proud of myself. Here's a close up of the topping. Mmmm. . . . so tasty. . .

Next week's project: Cinnamon Rolls. Clark has got to be loving this month.

2 comments:

Em said...

Those are some mouth watering pictures Shannon! I'm very impressed with how Pi Pie looks.

You sew slings, bake bread, bake cinnamon rolls, and use food storage apples to make pie. You are a domestic super hero. =)

Unknown said...

Will you please email me your pie crust recipe? I have made a pie like this last summer the topping and filling were great, but the crust was sucky! You are such a domestic diva, miss pi pie maker!