Tuesday, March 04, 2008

New Poll: Baby Carriers

It's time for another poll! I've talked with some of you about this before, but not all of you. We're looking into purchasing a baby carrier, and as it turns out, I know nothing about baby carriers, since I don't have a baby. I've been reading some online reviews of different brands and styles, but I'm still rather torn. The Baby Bjorn seems to be the best, and thus it is the most expensive. I'm not sure if I can bring myself to spend that much on a baby carrier. Do other brands get the job done, or are they not worth the discomfort? Basically, we want to buy something that allows us to take Wombsly hiking with us, but I also might use it around the house when I want both hands free. So the question is, "Which Baby Carrier is best?" Let's remember to focus on not only comfort level and quality, but also price. And there are a few different styles within each brand, so if you'd like to be more specific with your answer free to leave a comment!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I went to Toys R Us and tried on a few when Ben was about one month old. The Snugli one felt the most secure and fit my body best. I just got lucky that it was also the cheap one. And although I really liked it for carrying the kid, I could not get them out without waking them up, so that's something to think about.
I know you want to get this stuff taken care of before she makes her appearance, but I really believe being able to try them on (with a Wombsly inside) is important on this one.

Sabrina said...

For me, the Snugli was just fine. As you know (having been hiking with us) I carried Adie hiking in the Snugli without a problem. It didn't cause any discomfort. My only complaint is that it's hard to get on and off. I have heard that's why the Baby Bjorns are nice - they are easy to get on and off, but I don't know that they are any more comfortable.

Karen said...

I actually went hiking with Sarah in my sling! I loooved it. I did that till she was probably over 6 mos! After that we just used a backpack carrier. Sarah is pretty small though, and she was really easy to carry in the Sling. I had a Snugli with Kate that was pretty decent, but it hurt my back after a while. (My back is a weak spot though. Plus Kate was huge!)
I agree, trying one on after baby comes is a good idea.

Karen said...

I actually went hiking with Sarah in my sling! I loooved it. I did that till she was probably over 6 mos! After that we just used a backpack carrier. Sarah is pretty small though, and she was really easy to carry in the Sling. I had a Snugli with Kate that was pretty decent, but it hurt my back after a while. (My back is a weak spot though. Plus Kate was huge!)
I agree, trying one on after baby comes is a good idea.