Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happiness

Life is good.

I went to the doctor this morning, and I had lost 2 pounds. And my blood pressure was good. And my vein was back down. (And in case you are really curious as to what that whole vein thing is, here is a link.) All this means that, in the words of Dr. Fagnant, I "cured myself." Really, I think I just overdid it last week and this weekend, so having a day or 2 of good rest brought me back to normal. Don't worry, I don't plan to get right back to tackling my big list of things to do, but now I feel like I can at least do the basics. You know, change the sheets, do the dishes, that kind of thing. Mostly it's just a good feeling mentally to know that I'm not starting to go downhill or something.

Also, last night was American Idol. I don't think I've even mentioned this season once on the blog. Let me check. . . . nope, not a word. Anyway, last night my favorite performance was by David Cook. Holy cow, that was an excellent song. I didn't even know it was Billie Jean until the chorus (I guess I missed Ryan announcing it). Really, some credit should go to Chris Cornell for the arrangement, but Mr. Cook certainly sang it well. So that made me happy.

Also, Clark and I went to Target last night and finally got some easter candy. A little late, I know, but hey, wait 2 days and everything is 50% off! We got Cadbury Creme Eggs (a pack of 4) and Starburst Jellybeans. A buck apiece. Those 2 things are my absolute favorite easter candy, so I was really happy to get some this year.

And to round it all off, we are having the most gorgeous weather here. It's beautiful. Unlike most people, I hate the heat, so I am not very excited for summer to be here. But I'll take these lovely spring temperatures. Windows open all day. Everything just feels fresh.

Oh, and I'm having a baby in 3 weeks. At the most.

See? Told ya life was good.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Well, I must comment on American Idol. David Cook is so my favorite, probably from any season I've watched. I actually even watched his audition this year and I liked him from day one. I do like a few of the other contestants so I'd have to see this is an excellent season, but I want David C to take it all.

I am also very glad to hear you "healed yourself" and continue to be healthy. It won't be long now!

PrincessKatie said...

Glad to hear that things are going so well. I am sure you were quite happy with that. I can't believe how close you are to having your cute little baby!