Monday, March 03, 2008

Rock-a-bye Baby

First of all, I was just out running errands, when all of the sudden I saw a red river coming at me down the road! There were some construction workers up ahead, and they must have hit a water main or something, because this was gushing down the road. It couldn't be contained by the gutters. And I don't know if they were working next to a dirt pile or what, but it was all very red. It kind of felt like I was witnessing Moses turn the Nile red.

But the big news from the weekend is: we have a rocking chair! Clark assembled it for us, and we rearranged Wombsly's room. So now things are in place. I really like how the chair brings out the green in the bedding. It makes things feel less like a pink explosion. We really do have a lot of green things, I've noticed.

I went to the store today to get some of the final baby things we need. Unbelievable that she will be here in 6 weeks (maybe less)! But I think I can confidently say we are ready now. Well, I still have to pack a hospital bag. And we need to actually install the car seat. But after we do that, we are set. Except for that whole "knowing how to take care of a baby" thing. But I guess that comes with experience.

As a side note, Clark and I were talking about lullabies the other day. I realized that I don't know too many actual "lullabies" per se. But I think I've got enough songs in my head to keep Wombsly entertained. Anybody have any good songs they've used, or would use if they had kids?

4 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

I love the new chair and the green color is oh so pretty. Hailey loved me to sing her primary songs. TO this day she still loves me to rock her andsing to her. SHe can't get enough of it. YEah that you are nearing the end!

Anonymous said...

i am still singing primary songs and hymns to my girls. its what the request! love the room!

W.L.Platt said...

Two lullabyes stand out for me. One is "La La Lu" from Lady and the Tramp. The other is Billy Joel's Lullabye (Good Night, My Angel). Can't remember the album it is from - maybe River of Dreams. One of my all-time favorites.

Em said...

I have a feeling wombsly will love Guster. =)

Congrats on finally finding a suitable chair! It looks great in the room.