Friday, March 28, 2008

My Big Redneck Wedding

We don't watch CMT very often. Not being country music fans, it really doesn't appeal to us. In fact, it changed channels when we got the mtn, and I don't think we've even flipped past it since then. But a few weeks ago I heard about My Big Redneck Wedding, and it seemed like a funny show. I tucked that little bit of knowledge away for future reference. You know, on those rare occasions when I am watching TV alone, and thus have control of the remote.

This past Wednesday, Clark was indulging in his weekly game of Starcraft, and I was watching TV. Or at least I was trying to watch TV, there really isn't anything good on Wednesday nights. I could have watched the American Idol results show, but I knew that we'd be watching it at Megan's the next morning (courtesy of TiVo), and that is always more fun to watch with other people. Then I remembered CMT! I switched on over to channel 38 to find that My Big Redneck Wedding was indeed on! I didn't even get to see the whole episode as I came in late, but wow, there were just so many things. It made me sad that I was watching it alone, because every 30 seconds there would be something new that made me say, "Oh wow." For example, I had no idea you could get your nails done at Walmart. But not only did the bride go to Walmart for a manicure (while the groom was shopping for a wedding gift for her), she got her nails done in camo. You know, to match her veil. And everyone else's outfits. Yes, the mother of the bride, the father of the bride, bridesmaids, groomsmen, the groom himself, they were all wearing camo. And the bride had a lovely camo veil over her white dress. Oh, and guess what the groom chose to give his lovely bride on their wedding day? A game cleaning kit. You know, so she can skin and gut all the beasts he brings home from the hunt. Since his mom won't be doing it anymore, now that he is moving out. Wow. And, of course, she was thrilled. Oh, and after the ceremony, they went "Mudding" (you know, some people call it off-roading, some call it 4-wheeling, just driving around in the mud), before going back to the house, where a greased pig chase got underway. Yes, this is their wedding. There are so many other things, it was just incredible. So. Many. Things. My one regret is that I can't watch this with my friend Kimmie, as she lives far away. Now that would be a true delight.

I plan on watching it again soon. If you get CMT, you should check it out.

4 comments:

Adam Lowe said...

Starcraft is ten years old this year. Does Clark play any other video games? Like, more recent games?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Remember when we used to go "diggin'" with Jeff? Good times!

Shanny said...

Diggin'! I knew there was another term out there.