Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

I just realized that I haven't even blogged about the weekend! The Blockburgers came down for Spring Break, and we all had a great time. They got here Friday evening and took Clark out to dinner at Paula's Cazuela. I was unable to go as I was obligated to go to the Relief Society Enrichment activity. And by the way, I had a great time at that. I would have skipped out and gone to dinner, but I had agreed to present a little bit of history about one of my ancestors. You see, it was the celebration of the birthday of the Relief Society, and they wanted to focus on the first Relief Society in St George. Turns out one of my ancestors, Ann Cannon Woodbury (anyone related?), was one of the first settlers here, and the 3rd Stake RS President. So I got to tell a little story, give a little insight into RS in St George in 1900. It was cool. Anyway, the Big B's stayed until Sunday after church, so we got to hang out with them. Saturday we did a lot of shopping (for clothes! for music! for prom dresses! for houses! [well, we just looked at a couple of model homes, we weren't seriously house shopping]), and by the end of the day everyone was beat. But we had just enough energy to watch August Rush. And as I've already mentioned, we loved it.

Sunday was Easter! Sadly, the Easter Bunny skipped our house this year. He just plumb forgot to get any candy. And when he did remember, he also remembered the insanity that was Target on Friday, and opted not to go back. But don't worry, we got the important part of Easter right. We went to church, which was wonderful. And, of course, Clark and I were both involved in the musical numbers, which is always delightful if you ask me. And Clark did a fantastic job as the choir accompanist - he had to play a seriously difficult (in case you aren't familiar with the progression - medium difficult, difficult, very difficult, seriously difficult) arrangement of He Is Risen, and he pulled it off smashingly well. The talks and lessons were also excellent, and a great reminder of how important the Atonement is in our lives, as well as how glorious the news of the Resurrection is.

To round out the day, we had a little "Easter Feast," if you can call it that. Basically we had a ham, leftover burnt cinnamon rolls (I like to celebrate my failures because they help me to grow, learn, and improve my skills - like in Meet the Robinsons), and instant potatoes. But we had that ham, yes sir. And out of all this, what did I get pictures of? Our kind of sorry looking meal. Oh well, I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters!

2 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

How fun. Glad you had a good visit and a fun weekend!

Lauren said...

Ooo, house shopping! Even if it was model homes, that still sounds nifty. (I'm going this weekend... well, condo shopping.)