Friday, March 21, 2008

Doctor Day

Today was doctor day. I guess that makes it sound like I've gone to different doctors all day, but no, that is not the case. Just the weekly check up. I gained a pound this week, which might be a sign of pregnancy or might be a sign of heart problems. I also have some swelling in my ankles, which might be a sign of pregnancy or might be a sign of heart problems. Of course, neither of these things is anything new. But he also checks my jugular vein every week (and I really can't explain what it is he's looking for, or why that vein, because I don't know all the details), and this week it was a bit worse than last. So he is going to have me come in on Monday, just to make sure that things are still alright, in addition to my regular Friday appointment next week. So that's where we are with the heart issues. As for the baby, everything is looking good! She's still active as ever. He mentioned that her head was pretty low in the pelvis (you know, where it should be), and that she seems to be all set to be an average size baby. I haven't dilated yet, but I am 70% effaced, so at least some progress has been made. And I doubled checked, he won't let me go past 41 weeks. So yay! We will definitely have a baby in 4 weeks! WOO HOO! I honestly can't believe that we're so close to the end of pregnancy. Everyone keeps telling me that the last month is the longest, but time is just flying by for me these days. It's probably because I'm making an active effort to stay busy. But seriously, I get to the end of the day and think to myself, "Whoa, where did the day go?" It's excellent, if you ask me.

On an unrelated note, I went to Target today to pick up some conditioner. So did the rest of Washington County, apparently. It was PACKED. Seriously, there were TONS of people. There were only 3 lonely little carts in the front of the store. And the lines were so long, it was insane. I guess this is the "Perfect Storm" weekend, what with spring breaks across the state and the Arts Festival going down. Not to mention whatever track/softball/soccer tournaments might be going on. And on top of all that, it's gorgeous weather. So I really can't blame all those folks for coming down. If you're one of them, we hope you enjoy your stay!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

we must have been there at the same time! there were NO carts when i got in the store.

ps: i had a great (can you call labor that?) time at DRMC. the nurses are great. who is your doctor? oh, and the hospital will NOT let you be induced before 41 weeks on your first kid w/out a medical reason. that's why i went toxemic: to be induced at 39 weeks! i don't recommend it. the med they give is awful!

good luck with the next week or so!

Sabrina said...

Yay for the baby almost being here. Your pregnancy has flown by for me too ;) Anyway, I went to Target up here in Orem and it was way busier than normal too. We don't have all the excuses for tourism you do, but it is right before Easter and Target has great prices on candy, so that's what I attributed it to.

PrincessKatie said...

Thanks for posting your doctor update. I was curious at how things were going. I can't wait to hear your happy news when she makes her arrival. Do you havea named picked out yet?

PS I Love Target but when I stopped in one yesterday it was insane so I am taking a break for a few days...Oh and I attempted to walk down the Easter aisle but there were so many people no one coudl move! Gotta love holiday shopping!

Em said...

I'm confused...was everyone in Washington county at Target to buy conditioner, or just at Target? Were you able to get conditioner or were they out of stock?

Good luck with the next two weeks! (Because you're having your baby April 6th.)