Thursday, July 31, 2008

This little piggy went wee wee wee, all the way to the InstaCare

As Clark already mentioned (he's a fast blogger), I broke my toe this morning. I was out running errands this morning, and when we got back it became rather apparent that Julia had in fact leaked out of her diaper. It was everywhere. But you don't want to hear that. So, Julia is starting to get hungry, but I just can't feed her while she's covered in poop, so I take her upstairs, get her clothes off, get her diaper off, use 6 wipes to clean her up, and draw her a bath. As I'm coming back into her room, I bang my foot onto the door frame. Or, as it turns out, I caught my pinky toe on the door frame. So I'm laying there, on the floor, saying, "Ow, ow, ow," and Julia is naked on her changing table (I know, I'm a bad mother, I shouldn't have left her up there, that's part of the reason why I was hurrying). And then I look at my foot and say, "Oh dear, that doesn't look right." The toe was poking out to the side. And seeing my poor toe look all wrong made me flip out even more. It didn't even hurt that bad, but seeing it like that made me quite concerned. So I called Clark, and flipped out at him for a minute. He came home and rescued me. We had Stephanie come over and watch Julia (because remember how she had a blow out, all over her car seat? No way was she going back in that thing without some major cleanup) (oh, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO STEPHANIE!), and Clark helped me hobble over to the InstaCare. Where it was determined that I broke my toe.

Yes, I broke my toe by walking into a wall.

The words you are looking for are, "What an idiot!"

Anyway, the InstaCare man consulted with an orthopaedist, who said it was possible that I'd need a pin. And so I went over to his office this afternoon. Where he maneuvered the toe back into place (can you say OUCH), took some x-rays, and he seems to think that a pin won't be necessary. PHEW! That was a huge relief. Next week I'll go back for another x-ray to make sure we're doing ok. And I now have a beautiful shoe to wear for the next 2 weeks. Joy.

Seriously. What an idiot.

8 comments:

Alex said...

Hey thats the same toe I broke doing the exact same thing!(well, minus the baby part) No one said anything to me about a pin, but maybe thats why it healed all funny and instead of bending down, it bends IN... like sideways, into its neighbor toe! :P
I'm soooooooooooo sorry that happened to you, I know it hurts like a... well, it hurts BAD. My whole foot swelled up like a sausage and turned black/purple all the way up to my ankle... lovely. :) Hope you feel better soon!!! Ice it and keep it propped up! If I lived closer I'd totally come help with Julia... I'm so sorry I can't! :(

Nadine said...

i'm pretty sure we all leave our babies on the changing table at one point or another. no worries. and your poor little toe. i would have freaked out too.

auntyjo said...

I'm sorry to hear about your toe. I hope it heals fast. Give Julia hugs for me.
Aunt Jo Ann

Anonymous said...

woops! i hate stubbing my toe because that hurts so bad!!! and can't imagine how bad it would hurt breaking one!!! enjoy the stylish shoe/boot!

PrincessKatie said...

Oh man that does not sound like fun. I am so sorry to hear about yoru toe. I cant' imagaine how bad that must hurt. I will keep you in my paryers. Keep us posted.

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

I am so glad that a pin was not needed! I am also glad I was able to help you out. You know you can call me anytime!

Megan D. said...

That does not sound like fun. We hope you are doing better know. Doesn't it always happen at once? So rude. :)

Celeste said...

OUCH! oh dear that doesn't sound good at all! I'm so sorry. What drama! So I've been a major big slacker and have not even attempted to keep my blog updated or keep updated on everyone elses but my determination is renewed and I'll be better now. This is not good news to be welcomed with as I decide to 'see how shannon's doing'. Hopefully next time it will be better.