Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some Pictures

Here is a smattering of photos I finally took off my camera.

This was a delicious breakfast I had one morning at my parents house:
Julia on the beautiful quilt from her Great-Grandma Hurst:

Shortly after this shot, she spit up all over the beautiful quilt, which is why she's never been on the quilt before (but spit up is better than poop):

My futile attempt at artistry. I particularly like the diaper genie in the background:

I actually used the sling again the other day, and it worked even better than before. She definitely looks more comfortable in a vertical position, and now that she can hold her head up, I feel safe putting her like this:

And a video! Now that tummy time can last more than 30 seconds without strenuous crying, she's finally starting to explore a little bit. And how does she explore? She scratches things. Of course, it's probably a sign that she's learning to use her hands, and she'll start grabbing for things soon, but I think it's hilarious. Now, when I say "head" in the video, know that I really mean "neck." Her head might be strong too, I'm not sure. But it's her neck I'm talking about. What an idiot!

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

I especially like the diaper genie comment. That cracked me up. Great pics though. I love that quilt - very pretty.

Alyssa said...

Your little girl is so cute! I LOVE the name Julia, by the way. It's on our list of girl names. Congratulations! She's a good mix of you and Clark.

Alex said...

ADORABLE! I love her little rolls on her arms!!! :)

Emily said...

Love that quilt that Grandma made! Also glad that you're liking the sling, we did a Bjorn w/ Blake and didn't use it very much since it took a bit to get him into it. I think we'll try a sling with the next one though!