Saturday, November 11, 2017

Veterans Day

I have a special place in my heart for Veterans Day, and for the veterans we remember on it.  The past few years we've gone to Cantigny Park and enjoyed seeing the luminaries they set up for the occasion, and then strolling through the First Division Museum, a military museum dedicated to telling the story of the First Division, from WWI to today.  It always felt like an appropriate way to commemorate this holiday, and it always left me shedding tears of gratitude for our soldiers.





Since this isn't an option this year, I'll instead look through my pictures, and remember the emotions stirred attending this event, as well as the day we went to Arlington National Cemetery (that place is sacred ground, and was absolutely a highlight of our trip to DC, and in fact, a highlight in my life).  I'm so grateful for the men and women who have served our country in the military, who have risked their lives for our freedoms, who have sacrificed themselves so we can live the way we do.  God bless our soldiers.

No comments: