Thursday, November 16, 2017

Listy Thursday

Shows I've recently binge-watched on Netflix:
  1. Parks and Rec: This is our current favorite.  I watched the first season a few years ago and said, "This is a dumb show."  Then I was told by multiple people to keep going.  I watched the first few episodes of the second season, and said, "It's still a dumb show."  Then someone told me to watch just a little bit further, and I was finally rewarded with a show that is laugh-out-loud funny and thoroughly enjoyable to watch.  But I could have done without the first season, and the first few episodes of the second.
  2. The Office: I watched The Office way back when it was airing on TV, but rewatching it on Netflix is always a great idea.  It's a good one.
  3. Parenthood: Clark and I just blew through Parenthood a couple months ago. Those Bravermans make terrible choices, but I just can't look away!
  4. Once Upon a Time: I'll admit, this show has gone on a season or two too long. There are new episodes on Netflix that I haven't brought myself to watch yet. But it's a fun, fluffy show to watch while you fold laundry. 
  5. Friends: Because, I mean, it's Friends. Of course you should watch it. 
  6. Frasier: It's been a while since we watched the whole series, but only a few nights since I queued up an episode. This show had a great little formula going during its run.
  7. Arrested Development: A little crass, but it makes me laugh so hard.  I never finished the last "Netflix Only" season, though.  Not as good as 1-3.
  8. Gilmore Girls: I watched this one on my own.  I love the Lorelai's witty banter, mixed in with soap opera drama. 
  9. North and South: This is a miniseries, only 4 episodes long, but it's so great!  It's based on the novel by Elizabeth Gaskell, set in Victorian England, a love story set against the backdrop of social class issues and the industrial era.  It's definitely worth the 3+ hours to sit through it.
  10. The Great British Baking Show: I love cooking shows. I love baked goods. I love British tv. This show gives me all three. 
  11. The West Wing: One of the best television programs ever created. I think we've watched the entire series at least 3 times, maybe 4. The writing and the acting are spot. ON. 
  12. Stranger Things: I'm basically obsessed with this show right now. It's scary and funny and nostalgic and sad and sweet. It's all the feels. Beware: Once you start, you won't want to stop. So you'll need to set aside about 8 hours of your life to get through the first season. Also, prepare for some crazy dreams. The upside down messes with your head.

No comments: