Thursday, November 02, 2017

Listy Thursday

Remember my 52 list fail?  Well, I've decided to resurrect the idea, in a revised format.  Instead of sharing a list someone else came up with each week, I'll share a list of my own, which means they will probably be less personal, and I'll be more comfortable sharing. 

I love a good list.

Today's list: Music I've Been Playing Lately

  1. Reverie by Debussy: Debussy is lovely, and I really haven't played much of his stuff.  Reverie looked the easiest in the book I have, so I decided to polish it up.  Just for fun.
  2. Maple Leaf Rag and The Entertainers by Scott Joplin: We have a book of Joplin duets.  These two are the most familiar to me, so we've been playing them.
  3. I Saw Three Ships arranged by John Schmidt: This is the part where some of you say, "What, you've been playing Christmas music?  In October??" And I say, yeah, I have.  Perhaps you don't know, but October is exactly when you start practicing Christmas music so it's ready by December.  Of course, I have nothing to be ready for, I'm just playing it for fun.  But December will be infinitely better if I can sit down and play things instead of wishing I had more time to practice it.  So there.
  4. Old choir numbers, including Master the Tempest is Raging, Awake Ye Saints of God Awake, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, and Still, Still, Still: Note: I don't know the arrangers off the top of my head, and it was easier to just lump them together than go all the way downstairs to figure it out.  Also, again with the Christmas!
  5. Fidelity by Regina Spektor: I had forgotten about that song, but found it in the music pile.  I get to sing along to it, too!  Even more musical enjoyment!
  6. Angel Eyes by Jim Brickman: Lots of unexpected rhythms in this one.  Very fun to play.
  7. Somebody to Love by Queen: Because don't we all want to feel a little bit like a rockstar sometimes, even as a lowly pianist? 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love it!

Melissa said...

#5 and #7 sound like So! Much! Fun!