Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I'm Tired

I've missed a couple days.  You know why?  I'm tired.  I'm tired down into my bones.  I wake up in the morning, get out of bed, and yearn for the day to be over so I can get back in.

I'm not exactly physically tired, although that is part of it.  Turns out you are running around all day when you teach PE.  But I'm emotionally exhausted.  I'm tired of my current situation.  I'm tired of feeling stuck.  I'm tired of uncertainty.  I'm tired of waiting to move on from our temporary circumstances.  I'm tired of my girls fighting every waking moment of every single day.  I'm tired of trying to make new friends and be social.  I'm so tired.

But I keep trying to find little rays of light.  We've had lovely fall weather.  I have a job, which eases some of my anxiety.  We've spent tons of time with family, which is always delightful.  We are in a safe place.  I'm surrounded by people who love me.  There is a lot to be thankful for.

But I'm still tired.  Which means the last thing I want to do is write up a blog post about who knows what.  So instead you get a post about me being tired.  Keeping it real here on Blogburger.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I feel the same way sometimes, though my situation is different. Physical exhaustion isn't the only way one can be tired! I wish I could offer more besides my love and hugs from afar. We are praying for you guys that the right thing will open up and that life will get better. Brings a new light to the term "endure to the end" doesn't it? Love and miss you Shannon!

Lisa said...

Oh, its so hard! Our prayers and fasting are offered for you. Love you!