Friday, November 10, 2017

Bridges

Whew, writing every day is hard.  I'm running low on ideas, so you get a random thought today: I love bridges.  I love 'em.  If there are two paths, and one involves a bridge?  I'll take the bridge every time, even if it means going out of my way. 

I love big bridges like the Golden Gate bridge or the Mackinaw bridge.  I love logs across streams.  Covered bridges are particularly picturesque.  I go across at least one bridge on my current walking paths.  I would go across a bridge daily on my old walking path in Illinois.  I'll walk over them, I'll drive over them.  I just love them.

Why?  I don't know.  Something about being over water, maybe.  Or something about connecting land that otherwise wouldn't be connected.  Or maybe it's the coming together of nature (a river, a lake, a stream) and man (the bridge).  I absolutely love sitting on a bridge and watching the water go underneath my feet, legs swinging.  It's carefree, reminiscent of the lazy summer days of childhood.  (And yet I don't think I spent a lot of time on bridges as a kid, so that's weird.)

Anyway.  I just thought you should know that about me.





No comments: