Saturday, November 04, 2017

First Day of School

Thursday was my first day of school/work!

I started off by teaching Kindergarten all day.  It was a great way to ease into it, actually.  I found a fun game to play on the internet, and tweaked it as I went along.  By the 4th class, I think I figured out how to make it work just right.  I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day, but I had fun, and I heard from lots of kids that they had fun too.  That's my goal, so I was pretty pleased.

I was less pleased the next morning when I was sore as all get out.  I don't even know why, but my whole body is aching.  Apparently I was doing more than I realized.

Despite feeling like I was going to throw up because I was so nervous in the morning, things went pretty smoothly.  I think I've got Kindergarten mostly figured out.  Next week I start grades 1-6.  6th graders are terrifying, so I'm expecting another bout of intense nerves Tuesday morning.  Fingers crossed I get them figured out, too.

3 comments:

Laura said...

"By the 4th class ..." Holy cow!! FOUR kindergarten classes?!? Sheesh!

Glad all went well. I'm sure the 6th graders will learn to love your games too!

Shanny said...

Oh, there are 6 kindergarten classes, 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. I think there are 6 classes in every grade! 1200 students at this school... It's a lot of kids!

Lisa said...

Wow!! Good job! Keep them moving! :)