Saturday, December 01, 2007

Tidy Shan

Today (and every day) I'm thankful that I'm not sick anymore. But today I'm particularly grateful that I feel well enough to clean our house again. I've been slowly getting back into the swing of things around here, the dishes are getting done every day now, and the bathrooms are being cleaned about once a week (give or take a day or 2). However today was the day that we vanquished the "piles of stuff." You know how it goes. You'll have some piece of paper, and you know you want to keep said piece of paper, you just don't know where to put it exactly. So you put it on the floor by your bed, just for a place to put it, and you think to yourself, "I'll figure something out later. I'm too busy right now." Then you have a book that doesn't have a place on the bookshelf yet, and rather than trying to squeeze it in, you put it on the floor by your bed, on top of the piece of paper. "That way I'll remember to find places for them both," you say. Pretty soon, there is this pile of random stuff that has accumulated, and you don't even want to touch it because you know you'll have to find places for it all, and that's a lot of stuff to find places for. It grows, collects dust, and generally annoys your spouse. Well, today I pulled myself together, moved all the stuff from the floor to the bed, and made Clark help me find places for it all. My room is CLEAN! It's such a happy feeling.

No comments: