Thursday, December 06, 2007

Just a couple of little things

A few thoughts to share:

1) I am almost out of lotion. This is quite the feat for me, actually. Normally I have all kinds of lotion, and by the time I'm halfway through a bottle, I get more. It's the classic gift idea. But somehow I've used it all up. And normally I at least have my bottle of unscented lotion to rely on as a back up, but no. That is almost out as well. It only took 3 1/2 years to use, but we finally did it. I guess I'll have to go out and buy some more. Or just wait until Christmas in hopes that St Nick wants me to moisturize!

2) The other day it became rather apparent that I can't wear my regular pants for much longer. I'm actually rather pleased that I've lasted this long (5 months in). And some of my pants will fit for a little while longer. But we're going to have to break down tonight and go maternity clothes shopping. I'll let you know how it goes.

3) We had another ultrasound yesterday, and it went well. I'd post a pic, but none of them are nearly as cute as the pictures we got last time. They are all pretty fuzzy, and not very good. But Wombsly is a cute kid, and most definitely a girl. And we got a pretty good live action shot of her opening her mouth and sticking out her tongue. Cute :)

4) So I've decided to educate myself, it's a great thing, I'm excited about it. And I even mentioned that it could be good to have some sort of online discussions about the things I'm learning. But alas! I have no idea how to actually go about having an online forum! I'll have to think about it. Stay tuned. This might take a while.

Oh, and today I'm thankful for: new slippers!

1 comment:

tysqui said...

What you need is a wiki! It is the perfect way to have a discussion about a multitude of topics where anyone can join in (or invited users only) and edit, update and add pages. There are a bunch of places that you can host your wiki. Here are a few free ones that seem to be easy to use:

Google Code - This site is actually used by project managers to host programming project code. It has a great wiki feature that you could use.

wikihost.org - A free wiki hosting site.

zohowiki.com - Another hosting site (with WYSIWYG editor).

wikidot.com - Another hosting site.

wikispaces.com - One last hosting site.

I've used wikis for a bunch of classes and there is no better (or easier) way to share information.

The only one of the above sites that I've used is google code - but it probably has more functionality than you are looking for.