Friday, December 07, 2007

Maternity Clothes

We finally went maternity clothes shopping last night. We headed on over to our local Target, partially because I had a gift card, and partially because we had to pick up some other things as well. Now, I've never been shopping in the maternity section before, but I've seen the sign. Maybe it's because I so desperately wanted to be pregnant for quite a while, but it always seemed. . . well, bigger than it is. Whereas before it was a giant reminder that I wasn't expecting, now it's just a teeny tiny section of the store. Interesting how perspective changes. In any event, I purchased a pair of jeans that I really like, and a new shirt. Clark pointed out that I don't need a whole new wardrobe because I'll only be pregnant for another 18 weeks. Why is it that when you say "18 weeks" it seems a lot shorter than "126 days?" So I guess I'll be wearing my new jeans for about 42 of the next 126 days. But I should have more than 3 shirts I can wear, so at least I'll have a little more variety up top, right?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember my first time, I had one pair of pants, three shirts and two dresses. I finally felt lucky to have to wear a uniform to work. By the end of my fourth I had a big box of clothes. I swear I gave them to somebody . . .

PrincessKatie said...

LOL I agree with yoru comment on perspective. Also when you are pregnant they never seem to have anything all that cute in the maternity section. But when you are not pregnant they ahve a ton. It's crazy how it works. How are you doinG? I hope things are going well.