Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Adventures

This year for Mothers Day we were having a hard time thinking of what we could get our mothers, and then, genius dawned on us. All they want is to see Julia, right? So, why not let them see Julia? That's right, we headed up north and surprised them! We plotted and schemed with our fathers, and gave each of our mothers some quality time with sweet baby Julia. Oh, and I guess we were there, too. It was well worth the drive to see their faces when we showed up at each of their houses. So delightful! And we saw all the great-grandmas, too. And we finally got to see "Engaged Suzanne" and her ring. It was a great family weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of Julia with her grandmas. Well, that isn't entirely true. I got a picture with one grandma (kind of):

Julia's first trip to the cemetery! It feels very wrong to have an exclamation point after that sentence. . . Anyway, I was glad that we made it to the cemetery on Mothers Day, and I only wish we had brought a flower or something. Oh well, maybe next time.

While we're talking of firsts, Grandpa Blockburger treated Julia to her first ice cream cone at McDonalds! Oh, she loved it. You wouldn't know it, though, from this picture:
While ice cream is tasty, it is also very cold.

She looks like Santa Claus. Here's a video:



In the end, she ate it up, cone and all, and then asked for "More!" So I guess she also learned her first of many sad life lessons: You don't get all the ice cream you want.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannyboo,

I was thinking of you because my sister just took some pics of 3 little girls that remind me so much of you! They have your perfect red hair! You should look at them...seriously they could be related to you! And btw...little Julia is getting so big, I can't believe it! She is super ADORABLE!
Love ya! Hope you are doing well!

Katie

PS...Her blog is meghanroblesphotgrapy.blogspot.com

Porters said...

what a cute idea!I hope you guys had fun...that is really neat you did all that. :) and I love the ice cream.