Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Keeping Records

Most people have an OB/GYN. I have an OB and a GYN. This week I went to see my GYN. I brought Julia. The nurse was taking my weight, looking over my chart, and she says, "Um, is she yours?"

I was a bit confused by this, and she said, "I just don't have a record of a pregnancy. . . did you adopt her?"

Uh, no, I gave birth, she's mine, I just switched doctors.

I'd also like to note that I actually had a blood test at the old doctor's office to confirm the pregnancy, and then I had an appointment where he did an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy. Sure, I was only 6 weeks along, and then I transferred over to Dr. Fagnant, but still, they have no record of either of those things? Really?

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ha ha ha, that's funny. "Is she adopted?"

Cheryl said...

"No, I just bring random children to personal lady appointments. That's all."

Unknown said...

thats kind of scary. i hope they find that inforamtion sooner than later. thanks for sharing:)

Alyssa said...

Weird!