Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Grandpa Hurst

I feel like I've got 5000 blog posts in my head, waiting to be written and published, but alas, I only have time for one. So it'll be the most important one. My Grandpa died this past weekend, at the ripe age of 87. He was such a good man, and left a beautiful legacy behind him. Here is his obituary. You know, my grandparents have 35 grandchildren, but they still managed to be at every dance recital, graduation, soccer game, etc. What incredible people! For them, family is life, and I can't tell you much I felt loved and cherished by my grandparents.

We're heading up north this afternoon so we can be at the funeral. I guess all other blogging will have to wait until we get back.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry that your family has lost such an important member. I can tell by your post that you love him very much. Have a safe trip, we'll be thinking of you.

Sabrina said...

Your grandpa was a good man. I am glad you get to go up and spend time with your family celebrating a life well-lived.