Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Toast, Cheerios, and Apples

Since Julia has no desire to ever eat anything from a spoon, we decided to try non-spoon methods of feeding her. First, Clark gave her some Zwieback toast last week (since we had some lying around, thanks to Carrie). She thoroughly enjoyed it, though I don't think she was enjoying the "eating" part so much as the "chewing on something" part.

Then today I decided to try a couple of different things. First I gave her some Cheerios, and she really liked those. Well, she really liked putting them in her mouth, and then she made a face indicating that she did not like them, but she kept going back for more, so I guess she didn't loathe them as much as she does spoon food.

Then I tried to give her an apple in this thing. She had no problem playing with it, but she didn't really want to put it in her mouth. And there is no way she'll let you put it in her mouth for her, not a chance. But then she saw me eating an apple, and she was all over it, totally wanted to eat that. Except that her face told me that she thought it tasted nasty. But then she'd grab for it again, give it a lick, and EW! But she just kept going after it. What a funny kid!

Thanks to Cheryl, I'm trying out One True Media. What do you think? Is it just me, or does it look kind of grainy? I suppose I could blame that on my camera, though. I put all 3 videos together, so it's kind of long, sorry bout that. But hey, no one is forcing you to watch it.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yay for OTM! It's grainy because most cameras record video at 320x240 and this, being 'medium' makes the picture larger. If you chose the 'large', it would be even worse! But then, for me, 'small' is just too small!

PS: she's hilarious when she eats her food!

Sabrina said...

Go Julia! That fresh food feeder thing looks pretty cool except that I bet it is super nasty to look at and clean once they've been chewing away at their food in there. The associated mess with baby and toddler eating still grosses me out.

Alex said...

She is one funny kiddo! Glad she's found something she's at least willing to try! Hope it keeps getting better! :)

Celeste said...

Oh the good times. I love the faces that she makes when she decides that it's good anymore! She definitely has an opinion about it! I like your highchair by the way. I guess one good thing is that it is staying very clean. Honestly you'd think that Craig never eats anything and spends all his time smearing the food around on his chair with how it always looks. I just can't keep up with him.