Monday, November 17, 2008

Bring on Thanksgiving

Clark mentioned that we had Fatten Up for the Feast this weekend (Fatten Up for the Feast is the brainchild of Kimmie K [who now lives far away in TX], I can't take credit for such an awesome idea). It turned out so well! I was somewhat shocked at the fact that nothing went wrong, it was amazing. We had such good food, and even better company.

We took exactly one picture:


I guess you could say that we were having such a good time that we didn't even think to pull out the camera. But, boy howdy, we got a picture of the bird! So tasty.

Oh, and, AND, I made a pumpkin pie. Complete with homemade pie crust. And. It. Was. DELICIOUS! It's a miracle! After all this time, I've finally got a pie crust recipe that I like. And it's a double pie crust recipe, so I've even got some pie crust sitting in the fridge, waiting to be rolled out. Mmmm, I love pie.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I have to say that it was a fabulous idea! I'm so glad that you did it! Everything was absolutely perfect and I loved every bit of it. (By the way I need your pie crust recipe). I'm excited to see how this whole amish friendship bread works out!

Megan D. said...

This is a great idea. I think I will suggest this idea to others. :)