Monday, November 10, 2008

"Is anyone puking at your house?"

This story is just too funny not to tell, sorry Steve.

Clark and I were watching a movie last night, when my phone started ringing. It was Clark's dad, Steve. This is odd because he never calls my cell phone, he just calls Clark's. So I answer, and he asks me if anyone is puking at my house. Um, no. Why? He proceeds to tell me that he just got off the phone with Melissa, and he always asks her that question. Not sure why he's telling me this. Weird. So we chat for another minute, and he tells me that he figured he would add me to the list of people to call on Sunday night. Again, weird. Then he asks, "Are you coming up for Thanksgiving?"

"Yes, we are."

"AH! We! That's what I was wondering."

"You think I'd drive up for Thanksgiving by myself?" (At this point I was wondering if he was on some sort of cold medication)

"Wait, who am I talking to?"

"This is Shannon."

"Ooooohhhhh. Hi Shannon."

He had meant to call Suzanne. And ask if Elliot was coming over for Thanksgiving dinner. Oh man, it was so funny, we were dying laughing. I think the funniest part is how long we carried on before he figured out his mistake. He couldn't understand why I wasn't reacting to his joke about puking (I guess it's a family thing?), and I couldn't understand why he was calling me. Maybe you had to be there, but we sure thought it was funny.

I don't think I sound much like Suzanne, do I?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sadly, we have answered that question in the affirmative for the last two weeks. Delightful stories.

Em said...

That's hillarious!

Suzanne said...

It's even funnier if you knew that later that evening, Christy called me to ask if Elliott and I were coming for Thanksgiving. I guess he delegated the call out after that.

(I could hear him in the background.)

Celeste said...

that's so funny!