Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And I Hate The Gym, Again

Life got crazy the day after I made my triumphant return to the gym, so I haven't been back since (I know, excuses, excuses). But last night, I finally made the time and went. I was so excited to get back on track! And then, I saw the sign just inside the door:

"The Cardio Cinema is closed. Sorry for the inconvenience. "


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The Cardio Cinema is the only thing that keeps me plugging along! So I had to go to the second string cross trainers, where I could either watch music videos that I can barely hear the music for (and half of which are ghetto rap garbage anyway), the news, or CNN, neither of which have any sound, just closed captioning, which is a major problem when you are already blind, and then I was wearing my contacts to boot, which means my poor vision was fuzzy (I pray that this improves when I wean Julia - I want the old me back!). So I basically did the X-trainer for 30 minutes, while pretending to watch TV that I wouldn't watch anyway if I had the choice. It was a long 30 minutes. From now on, I'm bringing my MP3 player as a back up.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Hey you gave it a good effort. I don't even make it out of the house. Way to persevere even in such dull conditions.

Lindsey Montague said...

What is the Cardio Cinema?

Shanny said...

The Cardio Cinema is a room with a bunch of treadmills, X-trainers, and bikes where they play movies. It's the ultimate distraction. And you get to see new movies. And it's dark, so no one can see how red your face gets when you work out. Basically, it rocks.

ilikewinter said...

Wow... yeah, that would be a major let down. What a goooood idea. Distract you while you work out! What gym was that?