Friday, November 21, 2008

The Mighty Meg

I think I've mentioned my friend Megan before. She is an amazing woman, who has been through a lot in the last couple of years. Namely cancer. Surgeries, chemo, pain, and lots of emotions.

I hate cancer.

And yet, she always seems so upbeat, always looking for the positive. I just love visiting with her, because I always leave feeling happy and uplifted. Yes, that's right: I leave feeling happy and uplifted, because of her optimism. Like I say, she's an amazing woman, with a delightful family, and they deserve the best in life.

And that leads me to this Saturday. The City of St George (Josh's employer) is putting together a Bake Sale/Yard Sale to raise money for medical bills and such. You can see the flyer here. So all you St Georgians should make the trip out to the Hurst Ben Franklin parking lot Saturday morning, and see what you can donate to the cause. I know we'll be there. My guess? We'll leave feeling happy and uplifted. And I know that I need more of that in my life, wouldn't you agree?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are way to nice and make me sound better than i am. i am so grateful for our friendship and i really love our visits. thanks for the cupcakes! yum! i was sad i missed you, i was asleep.

thank you for your love and support. you are awesome!

Celeste said...

Shannon I totally agree! I've been trying to get a hold of you...and I did! :) If it works out for you to come and bake that would be great. If not have fun, maybe I'll see you there tomorrow!