Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Weekend Update

I realize it's Tuesday, but I feel like I should mention our wonderful weekend. On Friday we had dinner at the Charlesworth residence (and it was so yummy, thank you!), and afterward we got our first taste of the Wii. Ok, maybe Clark has played it before, but I certainly haven't. And I must say, it was much more fun than I thought it would be. I bowled. And I liked it. If you know me, you know this is fairly amazing. I do not enjoy bowling. For some reason it's way better when you are at home, and you don't actually have to touch the ball, or wear someone else's shoes. In fact, I had so much fun that I wouldn't be dead set against buying a Wii ourselves. Again, this is amazing. Of course, I don't think we will, I just can't justify spending the money, but the mere fact that I would consider purchasing a gaming system is fairly incredible. Clark made a deal with Wombsly that if she came out on Saturday, he'd buy her a Wii. I guess she's not as excited about it as we are.

Saturday and Sunday were General Conference, which was excellent as usual. I love being taught and inspired by the general authorities, and I'm so glad we get to hear from them twice a year. And the Solemn Assembly was an incredible experience. President Monson is an incredible man, and already a wonderful prophet.

In honor of conference, we decided to make aebleskivers! We got the special aebleskiver pan for our wedding, and we've never used it, so I decided the time had come to rectify that. They were pretty tasty, although they didn't look anything like the picture on wikipedia. We also got a puzzle to keep our hands busy while our ears were listening. And we finally finished it last night! Clark did most of the work. I helped with the edges, some of the sky, and some of the final pieces. I just get so overwhelmed when there are 800 pieces that all look the same, so I waited until there were fewer pieces. But in any event, it's done, and here's the finished product:


I also went to the doctor already this week. Twice. ("A gazillion times," says Clark). Yeah, it's only Tuesday. I went in on Monday, and Wombsly had moved back down, and I was back in the 90% effaced category, but still no dilation. But at least we had moved forward instead of backward. Then she nearly failed the NST, so Dr. Fagnant did an ultrasound to make sure things were alright. He couldn't find anything wrong with her, but he was still a bit nervous, so I went back in today for yet another checkup. The NST went much better today. He did another ultrasound, and things still looked good (she got a 10/10!). And I'm still nice and effaced, but still not dilated at all. My due date is tomorrow. That would be a great day for her to be born, nice and punctual. But we'll just have to see. I go back to the doctor on Thursday. Hopefully some progress is made by then. Clark has been pretty frustrated that she isn't here yet. All day on Sunday he kept saying, "Just come out and play! Come out and play!" He then told me that he didn't know if he could make it to April 16. I guess I'm not the only impatient one.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oy...how I remember those feelings! I think it has to be one of the HARDEST things to wait for. If you can just move your due date in your mind, that helps a bit. :)

Cheryl said...

on the other hand...april 16 is a grand day to be born! can i change my guess?

Sabrina said...

The Wii is soooo fun. We hope to own one some day. I hope miss wombsly graces you with her presence soon!

Suzanne said...

I remember Adam doing that before Michael was born. "Come out, baby! Come out!" He had a football and was all ready and everything.

I'm impressed that Clark did a puzzle! I always tried to get him to do puzzles with me, and I thought he hated it. Maybe puzzles are more fun with you, Shannon.

Come out, baby! Come out!

Alex said...

Happy Due Date! :) Hope she comes soon.