Friday, April 11, 2008

Still a Good Day

Yes, folks, the due date has come and gone. And we still aren't even close to having this baby. Of course, I've always had in my mind that the "real due date" is April 16, so I'm not wholeheartedly disappointed. But it would be better if I could go into labor on my own. Ah well, I'll take what I can get!

I did have a doctor appointment yesterday. That makes 4 visits in one week! Things continue to look good as far as everyone's health is concerned. I continue to be pretty well effaced and not one bit dilated, much to my doctor's frustration. Oh well, not like I can actually do anything about it. I've never wanted to be in pain in my entire life, it feels like opposite day or something. I have my next appointment on Tuesday, and if I still haven't made any progress, then my induction is all set for Wednesday. Of course, the hospital is nice and busy on Wednesday, so we'll see how that all goes. By this time next week, I will have a baby. That's what I've got to keep telling myself.

In the afternoon, we had our Stake Enrichment Activity. It was a Humanitarian Service Project, and the goal was to get 100 quilts tied (I guess yesterday was the 100th day of the year). I only stayed for about half of it (and before you think I'm such a slacker, just keep in mind that this activity was 4.5 hours long), but they had over 50 when I left, so they were right on track to get them all done. Originally I wasn't planning on going (and part of me was really hoping that I'd have a baby and not have to go), but I'm so very glad I did. It was fun to chat with some sisters that I don't know well, and I had forgotten how much fun it is to tie a quilt, probably because I can actually do it. Real deal quilting is just a disaster with me, but I can tie like nobody's business.

In other happy news, THE OFFICE IS BACK!!! And they did not disappoint with last night's episode. ("What a cute bench." "Thanks, that's my bed." HA!) Excellent work, guys. We went over to the Charlesworths' to watch it. I made chocolate covered pretzels (it was the only Office-y treat I could think of ["364 more days until the next pretzel day."]), and they actually turned out pretty well. I used our double boiler pot for the first time ever, I had forgotten we even had it. After the show we had a good time remembering past episodes. If you don't watch this show, you should start. I know, I know, that's what everyone says, but there is good reason. It brightens my life way more than any other show out there, even American Idol.

And to top off the night, Clark and I came home and played the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon. Well, kind of. We tried to connect ourselves to Kevin Bacon. I think we got it in 7 degrees, so it's still a work in progress. If we get it down to 6, I'll post it.

All in all, a good day, even if it was babyless.

6 comments:

Nikki Hansen said...

Well Shannon, I know what you are going through. Being late is no picnic. So good luck and always remember no matter how uncomfortable you get - you love Clark.

Clark said...

I've never been clear on how to count in the Kevin Bacon game. Do you count connections (x) or the people (x+1)? I feel it ought to be the former, in which case I think we made it in the required 6 links, meaning 5 intermediary steps between us and Kevin.

Suzanne said...

I'm two degrees away - one of my volunteers got car-doored by Kevin Bacon at Sundance.

Holly said...

We had so much fun last night, thank you for humoring me and playing my dumb Office trivia game. You guys need to come over and play the Wii again sometime. If you haven't had the baby yet this weekend, call us. See ya!

Clark said...

Well, that settles it! Shannon and I are 3 degrees away, via Suzanne! And just about anyone else who reads this is, at most, 4 degrees away.

Em said...

duh! I had no idea the office was back on! I can't believe we missed it. Oh well maybe during the strike NBC spent sometime improving their webisode player! =( Renting the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons could be a good way to pass the time until wombsly arrives....?