Thursday, April 03, 2008

Alternate Spelling

Yesterday someone asked me what we were going to name our baby, and I told her either Julia or Ella. She asked, "How would you spell Julia?" (I, of course, answered, "The normal way.") But it got me to thinking, how else would you spell it? Clark and I were discussing it this morning, and we came up with a couple of great alternate spellings. First: Joule-ia, like the unit of energy. I thought that was fitting for a nerd like Clark. And then Clark busted out the best spelling ever:

Dgiuleighah

Yes, that rhymes with Goolia. Can you imagine?

"Please spell your name."

"D-g-i-u-l-e-i-g-h-a-h B-l-o-c-k-b-u-r-g-e-r."

Poor kid.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I think that's about the funniest thing I have read, ever.

Em said...

Okay, I just laughed harder than...something really hard. Thanks for giving me my daily dose of endorphins!

Suzanne said...

People at work suggest Jeweleeyah.