Friday, February 08, 2008

Tag Part 2

Ok, 6 quirky things about myself. Here we go:

1) I've always got a tune running in my head. One time my roommates decided to see how long it would take before I started singing a song out loud. I didn't even make it 5 minutes. And that is just out loud, not even the stuff in my head. And most of the time I don't even know that I'm singing. Like the day I started singing, "Where did you go little thing, where did you go little thing. . . " Clark looked at me like I was a crazy person. I guess I can't blame him.

2) I have a degree in Exercise Science, and yet I hate exercise. This isn't new news to most of you, but it's still quirky if you ask me.

3) I took dance classes for years and years (all kinds, ballet, jazz, modern, tap, clogging, folk, ballroom, etc), and yet I don't feel like I've got any moves. For instance at dance parties, I always look like an idiot. I think it's the spontaneity of it all.

4) I love being the ward organist. I think some people don't admit they can play the piano so they don't get stuck with a music calling, but I absolutely love it. There are no meetings, practicing is "magnifying your calling." It's fantastic! Now that I've said that, I'll probably get released.

5) I like bland foods. I just don't need a lot of flavor for me to enjoy something.

6) I like the number 8. It's good.

WOW, that was like pulling teeth. As I'm sure you could tell by the brevity of the last 2. But now I am caught up on all the tags.

3 comments:

alisquire said...

Do you know how to use the pedals and everything on the organ? I'm the ward organist too, but I don't really know how to play. Being good at the piano helps, but I don't do the pedals.

PrincessKatie said...

Way to catch up on all your tags. Its alwasy fun to read waht everyone answers!

Shanny said...

Al: I do play the pedals. It really helps that I took an organ class at BYU, that taught me the basics. And from there it's just a lot of practice time. You should try it out - I think you'd be surprised at how fun it is. If you want to borrow some books, let me know!