Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am so blessed!

I've only got 6 weeks to go, and considering that, I feel great. I mean, sure, I've got some minor discomforts:
  • I get heartburn almost every night, but it usually goes away. And if it's really bad, I take some Mylanta, and it is gone almost instantly.
  • Sometimes my back hurts, but it's not every day, and as long as I'm just sitting, it doesn't hurt at all.
  • My legs swell up a little bit, but not to the point that they are uncomfortable. I only notice it when I take my socks off at the end of the day and see the dent they made. No swelling in the hands or face (yet).
  • Occasionally Wombsly will either punch me real hard or stick her feet in my ribs, but she moves around so much that it doesn't last long.
  • I have to get up at least 1 time in the night to go to the bathroom, but hello, I'm going to have to be getting up much more than than that pretty soon here!
  • I can't lie on my stomach. This isn't so much a discomfort as something I really miss.
As you can see, these things are not a big deal. I think that I'm being compensated for the rough beginning I had. I mean, seriously, that was the absolute worst 10 weeks of my entire life. Hands down. I'm SO grateful that the nausea finally subsided, and that I'm not one of those women who is sick for 9 whole months. While we're talking about gratitude, I'm grateful that:
  • I was finally able to get pregnant. We prayed pretty hard for this little miracle.
  • The baby is healthy.
  • I am healthy (seriously, I think I surprised everyone, including myself, on that one).
  • I have had so many doctor appointments. It means that we get to have an ultrasound once a month, and hear the heartbeat once a week. What a comfort to have that reassurance every week!
  • I have such well qualified doctors. I feel like all of them know so much, and they take great care of me.
  • I have a loving and supportive husband. I'll tell ya, it makes everything worth it when he looks at me and says, "Thanks for taking such good care of Wombsly." Kind of makes up for the fact that she can't say it yet.
  • I can be a stay-at-home mom.
  • We've been given so many gifts from friends and family. It makes us all feel loved :)
  • I don't have to be pregnant in the summer!
  • I have been loaned so many maternity clothes, I don't think I'll get sick of them until it's time to give them back.
I could probably go on, but I'll bet I'm boring the audience. Just know that I am one happy camper to be where I am in this pregnancy. But it's a good thing we still have 6 weeks, because we're not quite ready for her arrival. Temporally or emotionally. Of course, I doubt that we'll ever be "ready" emotionally, but at least we can gear up for another month and a half.

1 comment:

PrincessKatie said...

Wow I can't believe how close yoru due date is getting. That is crazy how fast it has gone. I am sure you don't thinkt hat but to me it has gone by so fast. Does she have a definate name yet? I can't wait to see yoru cute baby!