Friday, February 22, 2008

Baby Sling

On Tuesday I made myself a baby sling. It was actually really really easy. It's basically a Maya Wrap sling (btw, I really like the name of color 27 - Grown). Notice that one of those slings costs $49.95. That's a lot of money. I also find it interesting that they have posted instructions on how to make your own sling. Anyway, let's review the cost of this homemade sling:

Fabric - $6.59

Thread - I already had some that matched the fabric perfectly.

Rings - We actually made these slings for an enrichment activity back in September. Well, some people made them. I was busy puking my guts out. But they ordered the rings all together, and when the ring lady found out this was for an enrichment activity, she sent a bunch of extra rings along with the order: rings that were odd colors, etc. So I picked some of those up back then, knowing I wanted to make a sling eventually. And thus the cost = free.

Needles - I bought thicker needles for my sewing machine, but I ws planning on buying those anyway. Those were $2.

And that is all you need. So, this sling cost me a grand total of $8.59. I'd say I got a good deal.










3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Nice! That turned out very cute. I didn't have a sling for Ads, but I'd like to have one for the next go-around. I'll consider making one, seeing as it is quite simple and inexpensive. Way to go!

Karen said...

Wow, that turned out great! I bought a sling for Bekah and used it for Sarah too. I used it constantly with Bekah because she was a more fussy baby. I actually still use it with Sarah! Hope you like the sling as much as I do!

PrincessKatie said...

Way to go on saving money and making a awesome sling. Now you need to go into business selling thembut don't give out the instructions on your website! LOL