Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Ruby Tuesday

Yesterday was Clark's birthday, as it turns out. (I really enjoy the fact that I put a link there, when all you have to do is scroll down to see that post.) After much cajoling, I persuaded Clark that we should go out to dinner to celebrate. We're trying to save money these days (someday we've got to buy a home), but I kindly reminded Clark that we had some gift certificates to Ruby Tuesday's, and so he was convinced. Now, for those of you who don't remember, we had a terrible experience the last time we ate at Ruby Tuesday's. And it was my birthday. But they did make it up to us with some gift certificates. Yes, this all happened 6 months ago. I think we would have gone back sooner, but less than a week after the experience, the puking commenced. This continued through October, and then we had Thanksgiving and Christmas, it just never happened. Couple that with the fact that every time I felt like I needed to puke I would think of the turkey guacamole burger I ate there, and you can understand why it took us this long.

Anyway. We went. And it was delightful! We walked in and were seated immediately! Our waitress was very attentive - Clark's glass was never more than half empty! (Mine got all the way to empty once, but they refilled it pretty quick). All in all, the service was great. And the food was good, too. Clark got the Sirloin and Bistro Chicken, and I got the Chicken Bella (with mashed cauliflower instead of broccoli - really pretty delicious). I'm glad they decided to give us those gift certificates, because now I would consider going there again. Good job, Ruby Tuesday's. You made the right call when customer service was concerned.

1 comment:

PrincessKatie said...

Sweet!@ I love to get steak and a baked pototao there. SO yummy! Glad you had a better experience. I sware the only time I have had a bad experience was at the one in St. George. Maybe it is cursed for first tiem visits!