Thursday, February 21, 2008

Highlights

As promised, here are some of the other President's Day weekend (and Valentine's Day) highlights:
  • For V-day, I made a delicious dinner of tortellini, salad, and garlic bread. And we had candles, because that makes everything more romantic. Also, we watched We Are Marshall, a great movie. I love having a Redbox 2 blocks away!
  • On Friday, we had a ward party with a Valentiney theme. I sang a medley of songs from My Best Friend's Wedding as part of a quartet (Wishin' and Hopin', I Say a Little Prayer, and The Way You Look Tonight), and Clark had some fun proving that he was Smarter Than a Primary Child. It was all very fun. Oh, and they had excellent food. Dessert potluck. Guess what I had? PIE!
  • Saturday morning Clark painted my toenails. I could probably still reach them, but it would be a lot of work. And he did an excellent job, I might add.
  • Saturday the Blockburgers arrived, we put together a crib, and went out to the Panama Grill for dinner. Tasty.
  • Sunday we had the usual runaround at church. I discovered that my bag weighs like 30 pounds (it adds up when you have to bring a big hymnal, scriptures, RS manual, and a book about the hymns for the RS music time). And soon we'll have a baby, carrier, and diaper bag to add to the mix.
  • We also went hiking on Sunday in Snow Canyon. I'd never been to Jenny's Canyon before, and it was REALLY cool. We also hiked around Upper Galoot. And I rediscovered how fun it is to say Galoot. Say it like John Wayne would say it. If it's not fun, you must be doing it wrong.
  • Monday morning we went out to breakfast at Denny's. I never go out for breakfast, which is a shame because I absolutely love breakfast food. Afterwards, Christy and I went shopping for baby clothes while Clark, Jessica, and Steve shot hoopies. I'm certainly glad I didn't have to go watch them shoot hoops, and Clark is generally glad when he gets out of a shopping experience, so it worked out well.
  • The Blockburgers took their leave Monday afternoon, but don't worry! The Phippens were in town! Karen stopped by (Justin was feeling sick, and the kids were all asleep in the car), and she got the 5 cent tour of our home. It was good to see her, even if it was a quick stop. There have been too many times when they come down here and we miss each other, so this helped to even the score a bit.
  • As Clark mentioned, we went to the Parade of Homes Monday afternoon/evening with the Hunts. It was a lot of fun, I'm really glad we went, but I was SO tired after all that walking. For the first time ever, I could tell my hands were swollen since my ring wouldn't come off. It went right back down as soon as I got home and laid on the couch. I think I've done pretty well to get this far with minimal swelling. And I didn't get out of breath unless we were going up a really steep hill, so that's a good sign that my health continues to be good.
So, as you can tell, we had quite the weekend. It was busy, but not so busy that we didn't have some downtime as well. Really, the perfect weekend.

As a side note, I hate the way this blog layout does bullets. I did not choose cutsey flowers for my bullets. I just don't know how to change it. If anyone knows, please tell me.

2 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

What a fun adn eventful weekend. I bet it was oh so funny shopping and doing lots of fun things for womblsy. HOwever I love shopping so there you have it. Glad you kept busy and had lots of fun!

Em said...

whatever Shannon, secretly you love the cute flower bullets...just admit it. j/k

I just realized it's been a while since I stalked your blog. It sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend...a week and a half ago. Glad you're feeling well!