Sunday, July 08, 2007

Yellowstone Excursion, Part 2

I started out my last post by saying that I hadn't even mentioned our Yellowstone trip yet. And as it turns out, I still haven't. Lame.

In a nutshell, Yellowstone was a lot of driving. But it was also a lot of fun. We drove up to West Yellowstone on Saturday, saw the park on Sunday, and drove back to SLC on Monday. There were 4 vehicles, none of which were ours, so we were able to bounce around a lot, which was actually pretty fun. We got to spend time with everybody, and it was especially great to hang out with our nieces and nephews. It got me to thinking about the fact that I haven't been around little kids in a very very long time. My youngest sister is now 20, we don't live close to any of the nieces or nephews, and we moved away from the Wasatch Front right about the time that all our friends started having kids. Add in the fact that I went to a student ward while I was at BYU, then we went to a married student ward, and now we live in St George, there just aren't a lot of little kids. Granted, we do actually have a primary in this ward, so there are kids around, but I'm not around them all that often. Just a funny thought.

That is what you call a tangent. The fact is, we did all the usual things that Blockburgers do in Yellowstone. We ate at the Three Bears Restaurant. We at ice cream at the Inn at Old Faithful. We saw Old Faithful go off. We walked on the boardwalk to see a few other geological features. We stopped at Artist's Point to see the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. We saw lots of buffalo. And generally, we had a good time. Considering the number of people we had there (15), it's pretty incredible that we did anything, really.

So, we went on this vacation, and I really don't have that much to say about it. About half of the people who read this blog were there. And it was a great vacation, but I can't think of any really great stories to share. After we got back we had tin foil dinners in Provo in honor of Brett's birthday. I hadn't had tin foil dinners in years. In fact, the last time I did that might have been when I was in Young Women (yikes!). So that was good. Ok, I think I've made it abundantly clear that it was good, but I have nothing to say, so I am going to be done posting.

No comments: