Friday, July 13, 2007

My food is out to get me

This morning I needed to do the dishes, so I took care of most of them, and then brought over the cookie sheet that had some food stuck on it from last night. We had cooked up some potato wedges, and 1 or 2 of the wedges got stuck to the pan, left their mark if you will. So I decided to run some water over it, maybe let it soak for a while. But soaking a cookie sheet isn't an easy task, they are quite a bit larger than the sink, so I ran some water over it for a minute and then decided to see how broken up the food was. I ran my hand down over the trouble spots. OUCH! The stupid glorified french fry cut my finger! And it's a pretty good slice, too. Think enormous paper cut, only deeper. I think the most annoying part of it all is that now my right hand has this band-aid on it, which makes it tricky to do things. Thwarted by a french fry.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

How does a potato wedge cut you? Are they the ones with EVOO ;) and salt?

Alex said...

EVOO!!! Heehee... someone's been watching too much Rachel Ray! ;) Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog!:)

Shanny said...

It's a rare talent I have. They were the frozen wedges, and the stuck-on food hardened overnight. Maybe I shouldn't admit that I leave dishes overnight.