Monday, May 21, 2007

What a Good Day!

I've gotta say, the Visiting Teaching program is inspired. Here I was, having a "woe is me" day, feeling sorry for myself, thinking, "Oh, I'll just put on a happy face for when my visiting teachers come over." But my goodness, they came over and just lightened my mood, they really brought the spirit into my home. I didn't even say much, Sister Hill was talking about some experiences she has had recently and how grateful she is for the gospel, for her health, all sorts of things, and it just really hit me how truly blessed I am. Sure, I don't have everything I want, but that is what life is all about, aspiring for something better. I have this one problem that seems to take over my entire life, I think about it all the time, it consumes me and not in a good way. The kicker? I can't do a dang thing about it. So here I am, stewing about it all the time, feeling sorry for myself, when I could be doing so much good in the world. Sitting around and worrying won't do anything. And I'm always saying how I have time, why not use it for something wonderful? I've been thinking a lot lately that I should be doing more family history stuff, even if it's just learning the stories, finding out where I came from. I always get excited to start, and then I get discouraged because I don't know what to do, but I just have to dive in, do the digging, ask questions, figure it out. I'm just feeling highly motivated right now, motivated, inspired, and edified. Incredible, here this was shaping up to be a bad day, and just having 2 ladies that I don't know very well come to my house for 45 minutes makes it one of the best days I've had in a long time. I tell you what, Heavenly Father absolutely knew what he was doing when he set up visiting teaching, and when he gave me the visiting teachers I have now.

No comments: