Tuesday, May 08, 2007

New Calling

All my whining and complaining to God finally worked - I have a calling! I am the new Relief Soceity Music Director. What an excellent calling! I definitely feel like I'm contributing to our ward, but it's not very time consuming, and I have no meetings to attend. And I love music! I get to pick the hymns every week! The pianist will have plenty of notice so she can practice! And I get to do the music appreciation thing, that's the one challenge, but it's a good challenge, who doesn't want to learn more about the hymns? So there you go, prayer works.

2 comments:

W.L.Platt said...

Congratulations on your new calling - it is a great one! You will be awesome. Do you have the Karen Lynn Davidson book on the Hymnal? It is very helpful for background on the hymn writers and composers, a little history of each hymn. Have fun!

Shanny said...

You know, the ward owns a copy of that book, so they brought it by for me to use. But, as it turns out, I already own it - I took a whole class at BYU about the hymns. I've got all this knowledge stored up, waiting to burst forth!