Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hello. My Name Is _______

I just did something that I swore I would never do. I had to call someone in the ward, so I dialed the number, the phone rang, she answered, and I said, "Hi, this is Sister Blockburger from the ward." It was out before I'd even thought about it! Sister Blockburger?! I was saying just the other day that I don't think I could ever go by Sister Blockburger because, a) it's too formal, and I'm a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl, and b) who wants to be solely identified by the name Blockburger? Before Clark jumps down my throat, I really have grown into my last name, and I like that it makes me unique (there certainly aren't any other Blockburgers in the ward), but I much prefer to be known as Shannon Blockburger. It adds at least a little bit of normalcy to the name. Anyway, I'm just in shock over here that those words came out of my mouth without even thinking. Is this a sign of maturity?

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am not sure what that's a sign of, but it's pretty funny. I still can't do the brother / sister thing at church. Even when I am conducting I usually say people's names.

alisquire said...

I just got put in the Primary presidency, so now I HAVE to be Sister Squire. It's funny because we're still always calling each other by our first names and then correcting ourselves.