Monday, February 12, 2007

Snow Canyon

We went a hiking this weekend - WAHOO! It was such beautiful weather on Saturday, warm, some cloud cover, perfect for hiking. So we headed on up to Snow Canyon State Park and went on the Three Ponds Trail, though it was more like the Three Murky Small Puddles Trail. And on the way there, there was quite a bit of sand, deep sand. I felt like I was on the beach, minus the ocean. Sand is really hard to walk in, but it makes for a great workout! It was about 3.5 miles roundtrip, not so far, but just right for me. We've decided we want to train more in preparation for being Ma and Pa on our Pioneer Trek this summer, so this was the first of many hikes we'll have in the upcoming months. Here are some fun pictures:

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looks like fun. I want to go hiking!

Alex said...

This is why Utah rules and Oklahoma SUCKS! I miss all the beautiful scenery... *sigh*

Shanny said...

Start preparing that baby now for the hiking season. . .