Thursday, February 01, 2007

Feelin the Love

Clark already blogged about this, but I figured I should add my 2 bits on it. I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately, and Clark said to me, "What are you doing on Wednesday?" I told him nothing out of the usual, just the regular take a walk, work, make dinner, that sort of thing. So he says, "I think you should clear your schedule in the afternoon, and we'll go do something fun." I thought that was rather sweet, a little surprise adventure, if you will.

So he tells me on Wednesday at around 12:30 that he had been thinking that we should get a Jamba Juice, because I have been coming down with a cold, and everyone knows that a Jamba Juice can help fight the common cold. But there are no Jamba Juices in St George. So we'd have to go to Mesquite. And then, he says, while we are out, we should try and go up to Mountain Meadows, since we've been talking about doing that, and we have time today. And so we did. Again, what a sweet husband, thinking of something to help out his poor sick wife.

So we went, and it was fun. Of course, Clark already mentioned the vast difference in weather between the two places. He didn't mention that while we were driving between them we encountered a crazy thunderstorm, pouring rain, it was very cool. Warm, rainy, cold, and windy, we got them all in one afternoon. And it was really a good time, it was nice to see some of that stuff, say we've been there, and it was also nice to have my Caribbean Passion smoothie.

And I have one more "cute husband moment." I was feeling rather crummy last night, all stuffed up, and when I crawled into bed it got worse, couldn't breathe at all. So we are trying to think if we have anything I can take, and Clark decides that I could try some allergy medication, since it treats the same symptoms as a cold, and if nothing else it will knock me out and let me sleep. And so he climbs out of bed, and goes to find the drugs. There is all sorts of commotion, I can't figure out why he's making all this noise, and then it sounds like he is downstairs, and I'm thinking, um, the drugs are in the upstairs bathroom. But he had thought they were downstairs, and went to go fetch them. This is sweet and all, but then I realized why he had made all the noise - he couldn't walk very well due to his poor little leg, and it took a lot of effort for him to make it downstairs. How sweet is that? I felt very loved last night, yes indeed.

1 comment:

Shanny said...

This is the part where everyone comments and tells Clark that he really is a good husband, and an all around good guy. . . in case you didn't pick up on that. . .