Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sewing

A while back the Young Women's President came into Relief Society to make an announcement: the Young Women are going on a Pioneer Trek, and as such, they need to make some skirts, bonnets, aprons, and bloomers. In fact, they want to make it a project for their personal progress. The only problem is no one in the Young Women's program sews. Nobody. Not a single leader. So they asked for volunteers. Since I am going on the trek as well, I signed up. I'm not the best seamstress, but I have a machine, and I'd be willing to help. This was sometime in January that they made this announcement. Mid-February, they mentioned that it would be the last Tuesdays in February and March. That is all they have said on the subject. When I signed up, I put my name and phone number down. I happen to know that my friend Danielle signed up as well. But no one has called me. Today is the last Tuesday in February. These are short sentences. But the fact is, I have no idea what time this activity is taking place, or where it is taking place, and neither does Danielle. They seemed so desperate for help, begging people to sign up, and yet they can't seem to call and let people know where and when it is? It would have been nice to have a reminder on the day as well, I'm sure people have forgotten. Anyway, the lesson we learn from this is: call people if you want their help and they've offered to give it to you. I'm going to try and call around this afternoon, but who knows if I'll get ahold of anyone.

1 comment:

Shanny said...

By the way, I finally talked to someone from the YW, and the activity is next week, so no worries. And I have a time and place, so I should be good to go.