Friday, February 02, 2007

Monte Cristo

Last night we were adventurous and had Monte Cristo Sandwiches for dinner. I had never made them before, and they were right tasty. I got the inspiration from watching Rachael Ray a while back. But she was absolutely crazy. Our sandwiches had some meat, some cheese, and some mustard and mayo. Tasty. And then, of course, the egg on the outside. But Rachael Ray's, wow. She had cheese and ham and bacon and turkey and cranberry sauce and mustard and maple syrup. Clark and I kept looking at each other and saying, "Really? And this is supposed to taste good?" We were not so crazy as she was, but it was still a break from the ordinary for us.

Another food-related tidbit: Wednesdays bring the Food section in the newspaper. I love this section. So imagine my dismay when I opened up Wednesday's paper and found the Salt Lake Tribune "Living" section in place of my Food section. NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was distraught. The rest of the paper was the Deseret Morning News. I have no idea what the deal was, but I was not happy.

No comments: