Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Diseased

Wow, I am so not well this morning.

Yesterday morning I started coughing. This dry, raking cough that, frankly, was no fun. And kind of hurt. But the rest of me felt fine. So I continued on about my day.

Then Clark came home at around 3. I was feeling considerably worse by then, and I think all the coughing had pulled a muscle or something, because my chest really hurt. Not where my lungs are, not deep, just on the surface, right at the top of my ribcage. I put a heating pad on it and took some ibuprofen in hopes that it would feel better. It did indeed. But shortly thereafter, I felt really really hot, so I took my temperature (good thing we have a thermometer!). 101.57. Whoa! that is not normal. So I decided to lie down, maybe take a nap if I could. At one point last night I was putting a cold washcloth on my face because I was just so hot. And Clark made me drink lots of juice, which was good. I went to bed last night with considerably less fever, feeling better. I thought to myself, maybe a good night's rest will help everything.

I woke up this morning at 6am feeling really really hot again. I often feel hot in the mornings, but usually that is because Clark is right there, emitting heat waves. But he left for work at 4 this morning. So it was just me, sweating like a pig. Took the temperature: 100.79. Well no wonder I was so hot! I guess I won't be going walking today.

I'm such a whiner, I just had to share the woes. But you know, at least I can still work, since I work from home. Most people wouldn't think that was a good thing, but it's good to not miss out on money, and to not worry about infecting others. OK, time for more OJ.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Bummer! Something's definitely been going around recently. Rest up. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Melissa said...

My kids all had crazy fevers, but luckily they only lasted a day or two. Our dad would make you drink a whole pitcher of juice if you had a fever. I remember some comment about almost floating away . . .

Suzanne said...

Did Clark sing you the song about 99 pitchers of apple juice on the wall? He's a champion juice-drinker.

W.L.Platt said...

Two words: Chicken Soup. Hope you feel better soon!

alisquire said...

Are you feeling better today? That does not sound fun. Good luck on a speedy recovery!